Thursday 19 October 2017

Trying something new(-ish)


Hey everyone, this is Letwri. You may have seen me around here and there on the subreddit or on my old alias through the Yahoo AIF Archive. If so, you may know that I'm not really an AIF writer; I've written forum based games (Live AIF, for those who remember aifgames.com) and I spend tons of time thinking about game and story ideas but I've never really jived with the the technical side of creating an honest AIF game.

I do still enjoy writing and I tend to do that best when I have an audience so I've decided to try something a little different. I'm terming it CDAF; Community Driven Adult Fiction. What this basically means is I will writing stories and having the community provide input between posts, allowing the whole community to get their say in the next 'command' after a fashion.

To that end, I've started up a survey to see what story I should write for the community; if all goes well, I may well end up doing a bunch of these but we're going to start small at first. My two initial story ideas are:

The Real McCoy: An AIF writer, Vince McCoy, uses pictures of his girlfriend in a game to draw interest back to the community. When the game becomes wildly successful and the community clamors for more Vince and his girlfriend must decide how far they will go to help save his hobby ... 

Apocalypse High: Benjamin Stoltz felt life at Delmonte High was hell. But this year that may be more than an exaggeration when students begin acting strangely after the school Spirit Festival. Suddenly violence and sex seem to be everywhere (moreso than usual), and demonic creatures begin replacing the students. With literal horny monsters chasing the women at school, including his crush and childhood friend, Ben just may find himself missing the bad old days ... 


Interested? Or maybe you have another theme to suggest? Either way, swing by and leave your mark: https://goo.gl/forms/ABmmk6vnYHd9wfCr1 

Letwri

Edit: Actually got a decent crop of responses already with The Real McCoy as our winner. Already posted the Prologue in the Files area of the Yahoo group for those who want to take a look. Also have a link out to the survey that I'll be using to take reader input to shape the future of the story: https://goo.gl/forms/SytP7iEDskfBwNWx2

I'll still be taking responses for the first survey and if there's enough demand I may write Apocalypse High as well, though it will be a secondary priority to Real McCoy if I do. 

Another Edit: Part One is now up on the Yahoo AIF Archive group. Complete the survey if you love me: https://goo.gl/forms/DO8VvrOlzzqFqoar1  

Also, looks like we had a surge of interest in Apocalypse High so I will probably be writing that up as well. Keep an eye out for it!

6 comments:

  1. Could we get the file hosted elsewhere other than the Yahoo Group? I've long since lost access to the files section of the group and I've never managed to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind upping it elsewhere. If anyone has any suggestions as to where though, that might help. I'd prefer not to have to load every installment to half a dozen sites if I can help it, though I suppose if that's what it comes down to I can make that work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you could post the Story simply as a yahoo POST instead of a file? Then add the next steps as replies to that post. The only reason I suggest that is this - currently the Yahoo group (and here I suppose) seem to be the most engaged user areas. It would be nice to draw MORE traffic as opposed to spreading it around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly don't mind giving that a shot. If anyone has any other suggestions of course I am open to them but for the time being I'll do that then. It'll be up in just a minute or two.

      Delete
  4. The story is now posted as Yahoo post as well, let me know if there's any issues. Also, thanks to those who have already read through it and offered suggestions via the survey. For those who haven't, take a moment if you can and respond; remember to throw in any interesting comments you have for RealDeal22's suggestion box. It's all well and good for him to know people want to see his Muse giving a handjob but if one of his readers wants to see his red-headed model jerking off a football team, well, that's a detail that might help him make some decisions ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright, looking good so far, some trends starting to show up for Real McCoy so I'm starting to develop the next portion of the story. Going to try to keep this as relatively short, episodic bits for the moment I think.

    Still some time to make your voice heard on the survey but I'm hoping to get into the writing soon, so let me know what you want as soon as you can to make sure you make your mark!

    ReplyDelete