Monday 4 December 2017

Apocalypse High: Part 1 is up!

The next part of Apocalypse High is up for viewing on Yahoo Groups. Take a look and as always remember to respond to the survey to make your mark on the story and possibly drive me to (madness) write an extra post for this month.

Letwri

Edit: Just a head's up that I may close out our Real McCoy survey within the next two days or so to try to get prepped to write for it a little early this week. If you haven't responded yet now is the time! Also, just wanted to give a big thanks to those who have responded, particularly to those who have been leaving some more in-depth comments on the Blog portions of the survey.

As I mentioned before, those kinds of comments are much more likely to impact the story (Alice has already followed a few suggestions from readers) so it may be a good idea to double down if you want to see a particular result. I will say Alice has received a lot of comments nudging her toward some more ... relaxed views of her relationship with Vince. Careful, true love fans, the cheating/swinger supporters may just woo your Muse out from under her writer ...

Also wanted to thank those who have responded for Apocalypse High; I believe every response has had some degree of elaboration, which makes my job more fun. That has been balanced out, unfortunately, by a drop in responses; maybe a lack of demonic shenanigans? If so, let me know by completing the survey!

Another Edit: Just a quick note, looks like we are one more Real McCoy survey away from adding a third post for this month. Survey closes out tomorrow, so if there are any stragglers now is the time to voice your opinion!

16 comments:

  1. I remember on the old site that you were going to do a story called The Successor. What was that going to be about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Successor was actually going to be the hypothetical third and final game following a character named Jake Chase. The first two games (that ran on the AIFgames.com Live Games Forum) were The Test and The Rival and followed Jake through high school and college. Jake was into spy and detective stuff in a big way and the initial game involved him following his friend's girlfriend to see if she was cheating; it also had something of a subplot involving a drug she ended up getting dosed with. The second game involved Jake's love interest, Tiffany, and the assorted other guys trying to get in bed with her; this game ended with the revelation that Tiffany was pregnant, though the father was never elaborated on.

    The third game was supposed to follow Jake as an adult, working as a private detective and consultant for the police in his home town. In this story he was going to be married to Tiffany and would spend his time tracking down a ring of drug dealers specializing in a suspiciously familiar sounding substance that may be linked to the one from the first game. Other portions of the plot would of course also involve revelations about Tiffany's child from the second game, who at this point in the storyline would be around high school aged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. Do you have any plans to do anything with The Successor? Also you don't happen to have The Test or The Rival to download or something.

      Delete
    2. Speaking as a writer with far too many ideas, I can safely say that I have plans to do things with all my ideas but it's hard to say when those plans will happen. =D

      I was considering writing that story as one of the two CDAF style stories I'm doing currently but it is a little strange since I suspect only a handful of people in the community actually read The Test and The Rival. I do have The Test and a decent sized chunk of The Rival, but sadly I didn't save the finished version before AIFgames.com disappeared. If you want I could always send you the copies of what I have though.

      Delete
    3. Sure. That would be cool.

      Have you written anything else besides Live AIFs on other sites?

      Delete
    4. Alright, I'll have to go hunting for it and I may clean it up somewhat (it's basically a direct copy of what was on the forums) and maybe post it on the Yahoo Group or something, probably will have to be later this weekend/early next week.

      I haven't done anything else that actually made it to fruition ...well, I did the first post for a story called Wren's Tale (it should still be in the files area) but I got busy and sort of lost the thread of it. I'm more writer than programmer; I do understand in general terms some of the technical aspects of what need to be done but it's a different bit of gray matter that I use from when I'm writing and I find it difficult to switch gears from writing a story to handling the technical aspects of a game. I usually find my writing tends to be significantly better when I can focus on it, so I've largely given up making a game.

      Delete
    5. I have a copy of The Rival or at least most of it. I planned to read it but haven't got around to it yet so I'm not sure if it's complete. I can send it to you if you want.

      Delete
    6. I'll take a look to see what I have, I feel like someone may have sent me a good sized chunk of The Rival from a little while before the site took a nosedive. If I don't have that I may take you up on that.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have The Rival all the way to both epilogues through I may be missing a few entries, I can't be sure.

    I also have copies of the other Live AIFs that were on the site, Unforeseen Consequences, Forbidden Affairs, and Phantasmagoria which I finally got started reading and it's quite good so far. I can send them too if you want them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be upping The Test and what I have of The Rival to the Yahoo group shortly. I also have a little of Unforeseen Consequences but if you have the whole thing I'd appreciate it. Don't have Phantasmagoria at all that I see so I'd be okay with that as well ... Forbidden Affairs isn't mine, to my knowledge. =o

      Delete
    2. Alright. I'll send them to you from your gmail account from the Yahoo group

      Delete
    3. No problem. Is everything complete?

      Delete
    4. Looks like it, yeah. Actually looks like you may have gotten it right before the site went down, I think some of it even had some of the 'non-canon' content I wrote as a bonus once I hit some kind of benchmark for views.

      Delete