Saturday 13 January 2018

No Real McCoy or Apocalypse High This Weekend

Just a reminder, no post this week for either Real McCoy or Apocalypse High. Had some fairly minimal responses to both so no extra post this month. Oddly, for the first time ever Apocalypse High is tied with Real McCoy in survey numbers, usually it only has about 75% of the number of responses tops ... should Alice be worried?

Also, kind of curious, did you see your suggestions or comments implemented in the Real McCoy last week? As some of my past readers in particular may recall, I am fond of sneaking in little clues and tricks in my stories, which may or may not come out in a big way later in the story.

I sometimes suspect I go with a slightly too soft touch at times though ... if you've made suggestions or comments on the Blogs, mind helping me out by letting me know if you feel like you've been heard? If not, should I do some kind of 'Behind the Scenes' or spoiler type option where you get insight into some of that stuff? Let me know folks!



Letwri

Edit: Actually kind of interesting, we have a four way tie in the Real McCoy survey as of this morning. We still have until next weekend to get that sorted out, but just a heads up that things are pretty close on the 'who should Alice spend time with next' question. If you have a particular person you'd like to see her with, make sure to chime in, every vote counts!

Another Edit: In a rather impressive distribution of new votes for Real McCoy the surveys remain in a tie. It would be rather interesting were I the sort to analyze such things I suspect. As I'm using it for my writing prompt though, I'll just remind folks to keep voting and hope we reach some kind of resolution. Survey will remain open until Friday so fire away when you get the chance. No one wants another spin the bottle scene so soon after the last one, do they?

2 comments:

  1. I don't really remember what I vote for most times but I have been pushing Maggie in Apocalypse High so I like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie is an odd character for me; in the original version of this story that I drafted she wasn't exactly a main character. In the prologue I mostly just had her as a plot device to move Ben around a little. During the first major interaction with her and Ben she sort of took on a life of her own though, which surprised me more than a little. She was always going to have something more than a background character I think but based on some of the responses I find myself wondering if she will end up as an actual main character ... time will tell though, I suppose. =)

      Delete